Thursday, February 4, 2010

Before We Get Old


It’s a good thing I got some of my usual daily routines out of the way, because XM just launched a weekend of The Who on Deep Tracks. Maybe I’ll forego practicing pre-1950 standards on guitar today.

It’s in honor of their upcoming Super Bowl halftime show, of course, which I’m not entirely sure I can bear watching. I mean, Pete is a real geezer now, and I’m not terribly confident he can leap like he did at Woodstock. And even though Roger still has his lungs, what appear to be new teeth are rendering his s’s somewhat sibilant. Especially now that it’s just the two of them, they’ve become almost a cringe-inducing nostalgia act.

A pity, that. It’s not like I wanted them all to die before they got old, but they’ve gotten even scarier than the Stones, since Mick defies belief in aging and Keith always looked decrepit anyway. So before we all get any older, let’s revel a bit....


No comments: